Photo credit: Anna Utochkina
Most wedding experts will tell you, the month for weddings is June. However, in the past few years, couples have derailed that theory. There are several reasons for this change.
With most couples arranging their wedding in warm months the prices of venues, vendors, and even caterers are more negotiable. When their services are booked for the entire summer they can charge a premium. But in slower months, they are happy to give you perks so they can get your business.
The money couples are saving on their wedding will help finance a honeymoon to the islands of Hawaii. Family and friends do not have to arrange time off work, or finances to attend a destination wedding. However, many people enjoy winter activities.
Photo credit: Brad Fickeisen
- Winter fun
- Ice fishing
- Get some fantastic honeymoon photos
- Winter Honeymoon
- Soaking in a hot tub as you sip champagne. Looking out the window of your private chateau over a blanket of snow. Snuggling in front of a fireplace.
- Complete privacy
- A winter honeymoon in the snowy mountains is a dream come true for many couples. You will feel like the two of you are the only two people in the world. Go prepared.
- At 3 Wishes we have a variety of lingerie. You will be able to find romantic lingerie or fun pieces that are sure to heat things up.
- Exciting winter activities
- Winter cruise
- The Rocky Mountains
- Alaskan cruise to see the Northern Lights
- Honeymoon where the rich and famous vacation in Vail or Aspen, Colorado
- Taking a Hummer tour up a Colorado mountain.
Photo credit: Alejandro Ramirez
The winter collection of wedding gowns is truly breathtaking. Brides are wearing bright white. Long sleeves and plunging V-necks are currently trending. Sometimes the bride also chooses a plunging back. Brides are enjoying the bridal cape this year. The cape adorns the bride’s shoulders and trails down her back to the hem of her wedding gown. Some winter capes come with a hood that loosely frames the brides face with faux fur.
This is so popular because at the wedding the bride has a beautiful and stylish look. When she removes the cape for the reception, she has an entirely different look. It is as if she has a wedding gown change during the wedding, without the hassle.
Bridesmaids complement the look by wearing a faux fur stole. Gowns are floor-length. Metallics are still popular but thin rust or rose gold.
Another selection is making big news. It is the wedding pantsuit. Brides wear a lovely white blouse and flowing white pants. The one-shoulder Venus top is popular with this outfit as is the halter look. Bridesmaids look just as lovely in their pantsuits in popular winter colors like wine or deep green. This exciting choice is catching on with the modern woman. She does not have to sacrifice comfort for style.
Every season has natural beauty. There are many couples that enjoy winter sports and winter romance. Their weddings are wonderful expressions of their love. They do it their way. They are not influenced by what others do. They like their privacy and they long for a winter oasis. This is the couple of today, and they are reshaping the way the industry perceives weddings.